Page updated on 12-10-2017

ECU wont give code...limits rpm's to 3,000

n0superman
09-06-2007, 08:25 PM
so Im going down the highway the other day and bam...MIL pops on and car seems to lose power. I then find that the engine wont accel past 3k rpm's, seems like the computer is cutting it off there(same in any gear or neutral).
I jumped the service check connector but the MIL won't flash out a code like it supposed to...also the MIL stays on while the engine is running and the connector jumped. According to the manual this means backup mode. Still, not sure why I cant get the code. I did check the service check connector for voltage and it has, which means the wires are connected. And yes I do have the right one.
I have been having probs with the distributor, ever since an idiot in a benz that I tried to jump hooked his barrery up backwards. This blew my ignition coil a few miles down the road and melted the cap and rotor; all three have been replaced. However there is still a prob with the distributor I believe since sometimes it will not start when cold.
I did check the timing with the connector jumped as per the manual, manual says to adjust it to 16 degrees but it was at 30 and moving the distrib all the way to retard only gets me to 22. Not sure if this is related or not, maybe the service check connector wasnt working?
Any ideas?

92CivicFoDo
09-08-2007, 11:35 PM
i had a buddy a few years back that had a bad distributor that wouldnt let him rev over 3K also so thats most likely your problem. as for the fully lit code, you might want to try resetting the ecu and if that doesnt work then you will have to get a new one. best of luck

n0superman
09-08-2007, 11:41 PM
yeah i opened the distributor and a piece of the crank sensor broke off and there are pices of metal all over the distributor in the bearings and everything, so I think that is the prob. Trying to get a new one now. I did try to reset the ecm by unplugging the battery but as soon as I start it back up the code comes back.

mehidi
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
i have had the same problem with my p28 with h22a jdm in a hatch. the ecu chip was fried. went to the shop got a crom chip for $135 and retuned it and ran better then before

Add your comment to this topic!