Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Destroked H22

curveball3110
11-21-2002, 01:25 AM
Would there be any way to destroke a VTEC h22 engine, stock in 92-96 Preludes, from 2.2 liters to 2.0 liters? Would that increase revving ability up to somewhere around 9000 rpms? So wouldn't that be the best way to get the most power out of my 'lude? Thansk, Eric :D PC

drift
11-23-2002, 08:24 AM
yes. get the crank, rods, and pistons from the F20B motor, which is featured in the JDM Accord SiR.

or you can get a custom forged crank and rods.

this will increase your revability, but it will also decrease your torque, resulting in the old "two steps forward, one step back" method of gains.

curveball3110
11-23-2002, 05:53 PM
Wait, wouldn't increasing the redline up to as high as 9000 rpms increase the torque curve to higher numbers? I don't understand how that would decrease torque. Thanks, Eric
:D PC

drift
11-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by curveball3110
Wait, wouldn't increasing the redline up to as high as 9000 rpms increase the torque curve to higher numbers? I don't understand how that would decrease torque. Thanks, Eric
:D PC

decreased displacement and stroke will decrease your torque numbers.

higher redline will create higher horsepower, as torque falls off towards redline.

civickiller
11-24-2002, 07:00 AM
you know honda makes there rev limiter at the optimum point with there engines. if you go past that then your losing power.
hp is determined by how much torque there is at that rpm, so if your torque curve falls fast then maybe your losing power not gaining power. the only time ive seen a need to increase rev limiter is when you get a cam. its not alwasy the higher you rev, the more hp youll get.
decreasing stroke will make you lose torque

Add your comment to this topic!