Page updated on 09-26-2017

click click click

sward774
09-05-2007, 05:16 PM
i have this strange clicking noise that sounds like its coming from the driver side front tire, I had it aligned and they said it was my breaks so I changed my breaks and its still there, it happens at low speeds when I hit a bump or something of that nature, and it isnt the same click as from a cv joint, its more like a tinny click like if you bend a tin bottle cap and push in the middle it clicks, or if snuff tin gets bent a little. its really anoying and I hope someone can help me out with any ideas. by the way its a 1998 Chevy s-10 truck with a 4.3 and push button 4x4. Thanks

sward774
09-05-2007, 07:42 PM
does anyone have any ideas, anything at this point in time would help. Thanks

mike2004tct
09-05-2007, 08:51 PM
does anyone have any ideas, anything at this point in time would help. Thanks

I doubt if this is your problem, but I recently had a similar problem.
I'd hear this noise from the front end that I thought was the brakes whenever I would slow down, or come to a stop.

As soon as I let off the brakes, the rattle went away.
56k miles on the Blazer.
Put new pads and rotors on, even though I didn't need them, but thought a rotor might have been warped. Pads were a year old ceramics.Rotors were originals ,10 yrs old.That didn't cure the problem.

Changed the universal joints on both ends of the drive shaft. Problem gone.
It was the rear joint making the noise, as it was fairly loose.
Easy to inspect. didn't have to jack the truck up. Just crawled under, grabbed the shaft and could turn it about a 16th of a turn.

sward774
09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
that sounds good. thank you you are talking about the drive shaft from the transcase to the front end?

mike2004tct
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
that sounds good. thank you you are talking about the drive shaft from the transcase to the front end?

No, the shaft from the back of the transmission to the rear differential.

At first, I thought it might be the front wheel CV shafts, but they were in good shape, no play in them.

sward774
09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
oh really??? huh, ill give it a try. thanks alot

Add your comment to this topic!