Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Honda Accord Clutch problems

walker1
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
My clutch problems started with needing a new master cylinder about 2 years ago, at the time (because I am an amateur) didn't know I would probably need a slave cylinder replacement as well. I thought I had a leak in the line, after much research, discovered that it was a faulty slave cylinder, but in the meantime I was just replacing the fluid as I lost it - I have replaced the slave cylinder now, but the clutch fork doesn't respond, and it seems as though the clutch is stuck engaged, could it be that the slave cylinder was improperly installed or that my clutch finally siezed up from my abuse? I need help! We have bled the system a million times, to no avail, the clutch fork doesn't respond at all. Should I just bag it, or is there hope yet for this? Please help!

inafogg
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
what does the pedel feel like now after its been bleed?with the car off is the pedel feel ok or is it stiff or spunge?

jonlauren
09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
my clutch pedal is on the floor and wont come back up. it started a couple of days ago. it would stick but if i pulled up on it the clutch would pop back up. no it is stuck on the floor. is there air in my line. where is the res located to put in fluid.

wiseguy01
09-28-2007, 01:47 PM
the res is located on the driver side of the firewall and worse case scenario you might have cable too but yeah your reservoir might bee low or have none in it

inafogg
09-28-2007, 02:22 PM
We have bled the system a million times, to no avail, with that being said
you should know where the resivior is.didnt you check fluid while bleeding system?if the res. was bleed dry you need to start over.keeping an i on
fluid level so it doesnt run dry

Add your comment to this topic!