Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Z24 bashing????

mdb25
11-20-2002, 05:50 PM
I'm really surprised at most of the people posting comments on this page tauting hondas. You should be ashamed of yourselves for showing support for a foreign market!!! Well, there are a couple of things to consider when comparing the Z24 to other vehicles. Number one, it is a hell of a lot cheaper to own than any of the sporty hondas or acuras. Number two, the body integrity and appearance is far superior (Foriegn car companies are continually investing in researching american paint technology, just look at older hondas and acuras..... they rust out bad). Number three, you can't compare a cavalier with a GSR, an eclipse or something like that. Those vehicles are far more premium than the cavalier Z24. Now, put a stock Z24 up against a civic or a base integra and the Z24 will drive circles around them. Suddenly your argument doesn't seem so stong. I speak from personal experience because I have a Z with the 2.4 twin cam motor and i eat up civic and integs all the time. Hey if you want to sink thousands into a low end car to get performance... then why not just buy something that is faster to begin with??? Number four, sit inside any cavalier and see how much more comfortable it is than these foreigners. Sit inside any american car for that matter and compare. American cars are always more comfortable. Finally, I'd like to close with the note that there are more cavaliers on the road than any of these foreign rice jobs. Take a seat!!

supermonkey
11-20-2002, 07:24 PM
you are a flamer...........and a poser

mdb25
11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Well, that is the type of response to be expected from someone who can't handle the truth. What a coward!! Hey, have fun when it comes time to fix your ricemobile. I'll bet it's just as cheap as fixing an american vehicle. Yeah right. So if you can give me a reason on why your acura is so much better, I'd love to hear it.

diegoaccord
11-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Hey, jerkoff, you cant say the interior of any American car is superior to a Japanese car. The C5 Corvette has the same hard cheap easy to crack plastic interior pieces as your Cavalier. I drive an American car- until Monday(thank God!) and it's a Neon. Now, the car can beat any Honda thats non DOHC VTEC, but so what- as I have had 2 Hondas and getting a 95 4 door Integ, I should be able to compare the cars. The Neon was the first American car I had, and I have the sweet taste of those Hondas still in my mouth. American cars have sluggish throttle responce, due to emissions controls, meaning a first time stick driver couldnt even shake or stall my Neon. When going into 2nd gear, Japanese cars' RPMs kinda "shake", while the American cars smoothly roll into second. Your sorry cavalier cant be too different from my Neon.
American car companies' wiring sucks. I could write all day about what suck about American cars, but Im done.

supermonkey
11-21-2002, 05:44 PM
my dohc b18b1 with intake and exhaust smoked a neon r/t with every bolt on you can get in the 1/8 of a mile.i appreciate the coments that diegoaccord made because that was less that i had to type.i hate those z24 cars.they are fast but when my tegra is around 200,000 miles that z24 will be somebodies lawn ornament....stupid chevy...i don't even know why you are in the integra forum with your old bonk ass chevy.later.............

THE4TH
11-21-2002, 10:11 PM
i would like to see you prove that there are more cavs than there are civics or integras in the usa..
..... your not going to be able to...
your allowed your opinion.. but you can't fight the facts..

Jay!
11-21-2002, 10:14 PM
moved to Car Comparisons from Integra forum.

mdb25
11-21-2002, 10:38 PM
Dude, I'm 25 years old and I've owned more cars than you can shake a stick at. Secondly, I'm a mechanic, so don't try to stun me with your foolish nonsense. It's idiots like you that bring cars in with under 100k in for an engine overhaul or tranny replacement. Now, I have 2 Z24's, a 1988 and a 2002. My 88 has 160K on it and it is running great. I have had no problems with it. Yet, you call it a piece of shit....??? Well, let me fill you in on a few things. My first 3 cars were all honda's. First an 86 Accord, then a 90 Prelude si, then a 1991 accord LX. Every one of those cars was a pain in the ass to find parts for and very expensive to fix. These hondas (same company as acura) were all slower than either of the Z's. My 88 has a 2.8MPFI V6 with only 130 hp and produces so much more torque and sounds so much better than those other loads that it's not even funny. Not to mention, the 88Z beat the prelude and the 86accord hands down in the quartermile run and 0-60 time. I will say that the 91LX accord was close in speed, but still wasn't as nearly as much fun to drive. I had an ok time with that until the head blew (only 110K on it when that happened). I wonder what those cars look like now? Probably all friggin rusted out because foreign paint technology is totally inferior to american cars. Now, the 2002..... that car would walk the 91LX and would definitely walk a 95 integ LS. Trust me, I've done it; and what's funny is that my cars are both stock. As for the retard blabbing about the neon, all i can say is this: Neon's are not cavaliers. They are made by a completely different company. You have no basis for your comparison other than the fact that both cars are small american vehicles. The neon's reliablility is questionable. I'm not saying that every american car is great (just look at the friggin Aztek), but I know that Cavaliers have proven themselves over and over again. The cavalier has made it for 20+ solid years.... while the neon has only been around since 95 and the integra.... well sorry... it's been discontinued because of sluggish sales. Geez.. why weren't people buying them?? You need the kleenex box? Aside from that, nice comparison using corvette comfort level. What an idiot. Do you realize how far off you are by comparing the corvette to other cars in comfort? The vette has never been comfortable, but I know that my cavaliers were a lot smoother than most rice jobs. The seats in jap rides are like fred flinstone's stonemobile. I don't know how you stand it. Go sit inside a prelude or a civic and tell me how comfortable that is. yes, they are made "with the same cheap plastic" as integras. I know I sholdn't be in this forum, but I found the Z24 slandering on a web search and I just couldn't resist. Well, i guess that's all for now.

mdb25
11-21-2002, 10:48 PM
You seem like a smart guy. Too bad, you lack common sense. Think of it this way... I agree that there is no way to tally the number of cavaliers on the road, but I can tell you this: the car has been around for over 20 years and it is always on of the top ten best selling vehicles. I'll let you do the math. Now you can answer the question. Thanks for playing.

del
11-21-2002, 10:54 PM
the thing is is that the z24 is the sporty version of the cavelier, so why compare it to a base civic or integra?? :confused: compare a base cavelier to a base civic or integra and compare the z24 with maybe the sporty civic the si, or better yet the sporty version of the integra, the integra type r. then we'll see who drives circles around each the other. why not compare a camero ss with a honda civic dx if you're gonna think like that? shit how bout the zo6 with the honda insight? :p

you're logic is twisted and your argument is pathetic. :flipa:

Jay!
11-21-2002, 10:57 PM
When was the last time a Civic didn't appear on a best-selling car list? :confused:

Moppie
11-22-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by jay@af
When was the last time a Civic didn't appear on a best-selling car list? :confused:

1972 :D

Oh, and what is the safest, most ecenomical and cleanest small car avliable in the word? Oh why yes its the Civic.

Electric Cat Poop
11-22-2002, 02:43 AM
I hate caveliers. They are the the devil. Any car that I have seen a 78 year old woman drive I will not touch. That goes for caveliers sunfires saturns, all that crap. What pisses me off is when people try to "pimp" out there cavilers. It's a domestic car you just cant do that. Go ahead put your big ass aluminum wing on your gay cavelier and talk to me about performance. And the only reason you see more of those gay cars on the road than a civic is becuase every 16 year old girl drives one cuz their daddy bought it for them. So mdb25 "take a seat!"

Edit: spelling error becuase I was typign fast out of my hate for caveliers.:flipa:

mdb25
11-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Ok del, you want to compare a z24 to a civic si and a type r. Well, lets start with this.... bring me a stock civic si and put it up against any Z24 from 90-2002 and you are done for. I guarantee it. As for the type r and the gsr, I don't know what you are basing your statements on. Trimlines and options??!!! So using your logic, a $22K (type r/ or gsr) car should be better than a $16K car (Z24). Well I would certainly hope so. Six grand difference should give you something more. So how does your argument make sense??? If you pay for more, of course you'll get more. How can you compare the two? You proved nothing. Just ask yourself again: how much is the type r and how much is the z24?? What are you paying the extra six grand for?? Now, If i was in that next price bracket for a vehicle, then why not line up your cool acura integra up against a Grand AM GT ($21K)? Scared now? Dont even reply to that because there is no way you are going to beat it. All you'd see is pontiac taillights the whole race. You see what i'm getting at?

As for electric cat shit... I'm wondering where you came up with that gay-ass name. It's almost as gay as your gay ass civic. And as for your gay-ass statements about cavaliers.... well, i dont see too many of them with mods. Z24 owners are smart. They buy a car that is fast to begin with, rather than sinking thousands into a car like u probably have. It's cool, if you've got the money to waste, but other than that it's dumb. Pull your gay ass modified civic into a dealership and ask them what you'd get for it. Then pull up in the same year/mileage civic without mods and ask them what you'll get for it. I'll bet that it's the same. You aren't increasing the value of your vehicle. Maybe to idiots that buy from private owners, but to the business world, NADA, and kelly blue book, a civic with mods and 50K on it isn't worth a dime more than a civic with 50k without mods. Oh, btw, i cant think of a more embarassing noise than hearing some fag in a pimped out civic with an exhaust trying to take off fast. That noise is so friggin bad. Hang your head in shame. I'd much rather hear the sweet vibes of a V8 with an exhaust. 4cyls weren't meant to be loud. I've got an idea for an addition to your civic. Put this sticker across the top of your front windshield: in big pink letters "GAY-ASS CIVIC"

del
11-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by mdb25
Ok del, you want to compare a z24 to a civic si and a type r. Well, lets start with this.... bring me a stock civic si and put it up against any Z24 from 90-2002 and you are done for. I guarantee it. As for the type r and the gsr, I don't know what you are basing your statements on. Trimlines and options??!!! So using your logic, a $22K (type r/ or gsr) car should be better than a $16K car (Z24). Well I would certainly hope so. Six grand difference should give you something more. So how does your argument make sense??? If you pay for more, of course you'll get more. How can you compare the two? You proved nothing. Just ask yourself again: how much is the type r and how much is the z24?? What are you paying the extra six grand for?? Now, If i was in that next price bracket for a vehicle, then why not line up your cool acura integra up against a Grand AM GT ($21K)? Scared now? Dont even reply to that because there is no way you are going to beat it. All you'd see is pontiac taillights the whole race. You see what i'm getting at?

i dont' have a civic:flipa:

i've seen quite a few "riced out" caveliers with loud exhausts and tall ass aluminum wings so don't isolate this as just a honda thing.

z24's are sporty affordable cars, i wouldn't call them fast by a long shot. and i'll say the same things about civic si's or whatnot. these are economy cars, NONE of them are fast in stock form. i'm not gonna sit here and say civics are better than everything on the road coz obviously they're not. they're good at what they are, affordable and economical. caveliers are also affordable and economical. i don't what you're using as a reference when you say that , "...They buy a car that is fast to begin with", a chevy metro???

you seem to think that the reason people do these things to their hondas is to spite the domestic cavelier owners such as yourself. not so. you ever think that this could be a hobby? something we do for fun?

i don't know why you're so defensive about your precious z24. just coz some people prefer a honda over a cavelier doesn't mean you should just go out and lash out at them for the things they do to their cars. what's it of any concern to you? people prefer better cars, comfortability and nice paint jobs aren't the only things people look for in cars.

and btw, i hope i never see a grand am gt next to me, i may piss in my pants.:rolleyes: that thing will fall apart before the race even starts. anyway, a grand am and integra or civic aren't even in the same class. bring your grand am gt to a 03 accord coupe V6 of similar size and markets, then we'll see who's scared. :flipa:

HikaRu
11-22-2002, 06:02 PM
alright since this thread is FUCKlNG retarded, all i need to say is this: Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded.

and if you want my opinion, z24 and GM in general can suck my balls. My dad got a hummer h2 yesterday, inside it's nice and they finally used a different design, but the material quality is like the stuff that comes out of my ass. gm better work on better engineering.

mdb25
11-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Ok dell, this will be my last because I dont want to continue to argue with you guys. Originally, I stumbled on this web page because someone was bashing Z24's. I stepped in to defend. I find it disturbing when I see people bashing the american market, especially in a fucking time like this. Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion and their own choices, but to slash someone because they own an inexpensive american car is bull. When i see people generalizing (like the simpletons in this forum) it pisses me off. Idiots in this forum make comments and judgements based on what they see in the movies and what they hear from friends. I'll bet a lot of these idiots cant even change a friggin spark plug, but think they know everything because they've seen "the fast and the furious." I am speaking as a voice of experience as a mechanic and someone who has owned a little bit of both. The bottom line is this: you cant make judgements based on what you see. You have to look at what you are paying for. Pay more, get more, that's how it works. For example, you cant compare a nissan maxima to a chevy lumina. While the vehicles are the same size, one costs about 10 grand more. Also, if acura/honda is the euphoria of the automotive industry, then why do cavalier and grand am sales continue to thrive? You ever sit inside a new grand am gt? Ever driven one? I think that you (like many others) maybe see like some 60 year old woman driving like an old beat up grand am and then say...."that car is a piece of shit and therefore all grand ams are shit." This is the type of logic that i am dealing with in this forum. For some reason though, those cars sell. Why is that? Must be that they aren't so bad after all. BTW, your comment about the accord v6 is funny. My mom owns one. I've driven it. I've also driven the grand am gt. NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL IS THAT CAR BEATING THE GRAND AM GT. What are you smoking????? Oh yeah, my bad about the metro comment, I forgot to finish up what i was going to say.

edit by jay: personal flame removed

Jay!
11-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Thread Closed. Flames over.

Add your comment to this topic!