Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question - Best Aftermarket Car Alarm

09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I know this doesn't really fall under "Car Audio" but I couldn't find a better forum to post it under.

I recently had my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 stolen for the tires and wheels. Apparently, the upgraded alloy wheels are a popular item currently. I've been told by the service manager and keyed lug nuts really don't deter theft, as you can buy kits of all the combinations.

Thus, I've been left with buying a car alarm. Before I go drop $350-$500 though, I wanted to get the opinions of some forum members. What in your opinion is the best aftermarket car alarm out there? CarToys carries Clifford, BestBuy has Viper... and beyond that I'm not sure where else to look.

Many thanks in advance!

PaulD
09-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I have a compustar - that I have not hooked up yet, so I can't rate it yet. My other car has a factory system.

imtheoneandonlyD
09-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I have a compustar - that I have not hooked up yet, so I can't rate it yet. My other car has a factory system.

I have a compustar in my 03 ram. It works really good. The range is pretty nice. Its not super sensitive but it will definatly let you know if something rubs it the wrong way

09-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Many thanks all. I plan on having a Clifford alarm installed as soon as I get it back. Might even pick up a club on the way. And I had them put McGard locks on the wheels this time. Hopefully, that will be enough.

-MC

Add your comment to this topic!