Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Filler Hoses..

MSimpson
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Does anybody know where I can get these hoses?? Besides dealership..

I am talking about the hose that runs from the tank to the access hole to fill the tank up.. Thanks

MSimpson

MT-2500
09-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Dealership or bone yard.
What is the problem or what is it doing or not doing?
MT

TomB985
09-01-2007, 09:39 AM
NAPA should have it, I just did a search and they stock filler hoses for my '95.

I've bought several "dealer only" parts from NAPA, including an LED third brake light, fuel line o-rings, the infamus "nut kit", and others.

Most of the time it's easiest to get the Delco part number and enter it in the NAPA website's search engine. Much cheaper, too!

EFGoodwrench
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Does anybody know where I can get these hoses?? Besides dealership..

I am talking about the hose that runs from the tank to the access hole to fill the tank up.. Thanks

MSimpson

Let me guess you junked it swapping the fuel pump

Blazin_Jason
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
LMC Truck, or any local shop that sells fuel safe rubber hosing.

MSimpson
09-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Just recently a friend and I changed the fuel pump in my 2002 Blazer... We had to cut the fuel filler hose because we couldn't get it off the tank... So we replaced it with a fuel safe hose, but I believe that may be causing a Service Engine Light to go on and off.. I have had the code read and the guy said that it has something to do with the gas tank cap not being on correctly.. But it isn't that because I make it a point to make sure it's on correctly.. The light has only came on twice and it has went off both times.. We changed the fuel pump probably month or two ago..

MT-2500
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
What was the code no?
Big or small vacuum leak or other?
If you get the gas cap code.
Make sure you are not filling the tank with the engine running.
Make sure you give the gas cap two clicks when installing.
The tank has to be able to hold vacuum or it will set the code.
If tank hoses are not losing vacuum.
Install a OEM dealer new gas cap and go from there.

mike2004tct
09-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Just recently a friend and I changed the fuel pump in my 2002 Blazer... We had to cut the fuel filler hose because we couldn't get it off the tank... So we replaced it with a fuel safe hose, but I believe that may be causing a Service Engine Light to go on and off.. I have had the code read and the guy said that it has something to do with the gas tank cap not being on correctly.. But it isn't that because I make it a point to make sure it's on correctly.. The light has only came on twice and it has went off both times.. We changed the fuel pump probably month or two ago..

Had a similar problem when I dropped my tank once.

Ended up being the vent hose wasn't connected/sealed properly.

If you can smell raw gas at times, you have a non-sealing leak somewhere, but if it's a feed or return line, you'd probably have a leak because of the pressure.

As for the hose; As mentioned above, I got mine at Napa because I also had to cut the hose to get the tank off.

Check the vent fitting on the top of the pump assembly.

MSimpson
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Will check NAPA...

If the light still come on after chaning the hoses I will try from there..

Add your comment to this topic!