Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finding the elusive 'back-up switch' on a manual transmission

Xoanan
08-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with the back-up lights on my 5 speed '02 Sunfile SLX 2.2L. I'd like to test the back-up light switch - however I can't find it!

I've seen several posts about it, and according to my Haynes book it is: "located on the top of the left end (drivers's side) of the transaxle."

However, there are no pictures or further description, and I'm at a loss to locate it. Can anyone provide a picture, link or description that might help me track this down!

Many thanks

ChemMan
08-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Keep looking, it will have a light green wire and a pink wire.:)

Xoanan
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Keep looking, it will have a light green wire and a pink wire.:)

Thanks very much for the quick answer - it's a real help to at least have some reference!

So far, still haven't been able to find it - or even anything even remotely close to the tranny with green and pink wires.

Am I correct in assuming that it should be visible from the top of the engine compartment? I've read that it's a quick job with a deep socket so I'm assuming it should be fairly accessible.

ChemMan
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Am I correct in assuming that it should be visible from the top of the engine compartment? I've read that it's a quick job with a deep socket so I'm assuming it should be fairly accessible.

Assume nothing.:lol: These engine compartments are pretty tight.

Add your comment to this topic!