Air intake warranty question...

jookies?ok
08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Sort of a follow up to my last post, if you get something like an AEM air intake installed, what would that do to your car's warranty? I was told that it would only void any claims having to do with damage caused by the added intake. Is that true? Or would it void your warrant just by being present in your car?

MazdaX
09-06-2007, 03:41 AM
No. I added a injen CAI to my 04 and just reupped my warranty to 110 ,000 miles.

You have to understand how a warranty work and how much they will try to get out of them. Basically by installing a cold air intake , you are just extending the filters location and giving the air a smoother tube to flow through , not much else. If you think logically about it , thats all there is to it so why would it do anything damaging to the vehicle or effect the direct operation of the vehicle ( which is how voided warranties work ) It won't.

Slap a CAI in there and enjoy but don't expect much , my injen only gave me roughly 4 hp and a lot of engine bay noise.

jookies?ok
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
haha well added noise is always good, well thanks for the help mazdax, seems not many people post on here anymore

MazdaX
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
haha well added noise is always good, well thanks for the help mazdax, seems not many people post on here anymore

Most are on the mazda tech forum thingy and no prob. I always check the eclipse , mx-3 and mazda 6 forums so if you ever have a question I'll be happy to help within a day or two.

Add your comment to this topic!