Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stay with original ac delco plugs

rnelson
08-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Recently put new plugs in my ford 150 & truck missed fire everone told me couldent be plugs i replaced with bouch platium so put new orignal plugs back in & runs perfect so imm getting ready put new plugs in my 98 lasabre & belive me it will be replaced with ac delco plugs also on my plentum when mechanic replaced it with another one he forgot put in the p v c valve u will know its missing it used oil & makes a whistle noise thanks

richtazz
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
on the PCV valve on your LeSabre, don't forget the lower o-ring on that PCV either, or it will still whistle or trip an EGR inefficient code due to the vacuum leak at the MAP sensor mounted in the PCV housing cover.

ChemMan
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Might the gap on the plugs been off and caused the bad performance?:licka:

'97ventureowner
08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
I think it was the plugs themselves. I've sold my fair share of plug over the years and many times I've had customers who came back after buying "aftermarket" branded plugs complaining of driveability issues such as hard starting, poor fuel economy, poor acceleration, etc.) When they bought and installed the OEM plug, especially A C Delco for their GMs the problems subsided. The way I look at it is the manufacturer puts millions of dollars into research for the parts for their engines to make sure they will work the best and are the best choice for the consumer. I only use A C Delco plugs and filters in my GM vehicles and never had an issue with any of them.

BNaylor
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
The use of AC Delco spark plugs versus the aftermarket is a debate that will continue for years to come on this and any other auto forum. :grinyes: IMO which spark plugs you use especially on a Series II 3800 engine is more a matter of personal preference and experience. Many of the aftermarkets like the Denso Iridium, NGK double platinum or Iridium and Autolite double platinum APP606 work fine based on my experiences spanning over 10 years with the SII 3800. Certain Bosch plugs are questionable but the Bosch Fusion which is an Iridium seems to work fine.

Also, Autolite and NGK made the OEM plugs for GM when GM had production problems. For example the AC Delco 41-101 Iridiums are made by NGK. The AC Delco 41-101 is the recommended replacement for the '97 and up SII 3800 engine since the older AC Delco 41-921 double platinums and NGK PTB double platinums are hard to come by. The NGK TR55IX and AC Delco 41-101 are similar. Autolite platinum and copper core plugs have a numbering system easy to remember and easily identifiable heat ranges and the spark plug of choice for modded SII 3800 engines especially the L67 not to mention reasonable cost.

TGMCallie
11-02-2007, 11:00 PM
I think it was the plugs themselves. I've sold my fair share of plug over the years and many times I've had customers who came back after buying "aftermarket" branded plugs complaining of driveability issues such as hard starting, poor fuel economy, poor acceleration, etc.) When they bought and installed the OEM plug, especially A C Delco for their GMs the problems subsided. The way I look at it is the manufacturer puts millions of dollars into research for the parts for their engines to make sure they will work the best and are the best choice for the consumer. I only use A C Delco plugs and filters in my GM vehicles and never had an issue with any of them.

I totally agree. Why use Voltswaggon parts in a Cadillac?

TGMCallie
11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
The use of AC Delco spark plugs versus the aftermarket is a debate that will continue for years to come on this and any other auto forum. :grinyes: IMO which spark plugs you use especially on a Series II 3800 engine is more a matter of personal preference and experience. Many of the aftermarkets like the Denso Iridium, NGK double platinum or Iridium and Autolite double platinum APP606 work fine based on my experiences spanning over 10 years with the SII 3800. Certain Bosch plugs are questionable but the Bosch Fusion which is an Iridium seems to work fine.

Also, Autolite and NGK made the OEM plugs for GM when GM had production problems. For example the AC Delco 41-101 Iridiums are made by NGK. The AC Delco 41-101 is the recommended replacement for the '97 and up SII 3800 engine since the older AC Delco 41-921 double platinums and NGK PTB double platinums are hard to come by. The NGK TR55IX and AC Delco 41-101 are similar. Autolite platinum and copper core plugs have a numbering system easy to remember and easily identifiable heat ranges and the spark plug of choice for modded SII 3800 engines especially the L67 not to mention reasonable cost.

Walmart has the Autolite Platinum plugs now for 4.66 for 2 plugs and you get a MFG rebate of $1.00 per plug so that makes it a good buy. Good until Dec. 31, 2007

happydog500
11-03-2007, 01:38 AM
I totally agree. Why use Voltswaggon parts in a Cadillac?You could also ask, Why use Cadillac parts in a Volkswagen?

Well, they might be better?

BNaylor
11-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Walmart has the Autolite Platinum plugs now for 4.66 for 2 plugs and you get a MFG rebate of $1.00 per plug so that makes it a good buy. Good until Dec. 31, 2007

Thanks for the heads up. BTW - Was that for the single AP or double platinum APP?

You could also ask, Why use Cadillac parts in a Volkswagen? Well, they might be better?

Good sense of humor. :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!