96 s10 2dr fuel pump wiring schematic

scholzee
08-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Anyone have wiring diagram, I know about the relay in glove box but need to see a diagram and which fuse is in the circuit.

MT-2500
08-31-2007, 08:59 AM
What engine and engine code?
What is it it doing or not doing?
The fuse is in the fuse box. Should be the EMC fuse.

Check orange wire to relay for 12 volt power.
Gray wire from relay will be fuel pump power.

scholzee
08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Truck will run ok and sometimes it will shut off, turn key and do not hear fuel pump prime. Fuses check out, if I remove the pump relay and short pins 3,5 there is a small spark no fuel pump sound, rapped on tank and now starting to trace the wiring. Pump is about 3 years old and no sign of trouble until today. 4.3 liter 1996 2 dr vin W 4x4 s10 blazer. Need to check the gound wire to tank/pump know where that is ?

MT-2500
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM
The ground is on rear of left cylnder head.
Find 4 wire wiring to fuel pump and check gray wire for 12 volts on it.
If not jumper it with a fused jumper.
The Black wire will be ground wire.
Reverse a 12 volt bulb type test light hooked to 12 volts and touch it to the ground wire to check for ground.
MT

scholzee
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
MT-2500 Thanks for the help, my grounds were good but found a pin in the fuel pump connector black and the plastic melted. The same pin on the female connector was also slightly melted. I bought a new carter replacement from NAPA for $225. It comes with directions and a new connector stating that this was a problem area and you need to splice on a new female connector to the wiring harness and not to use the OEM one on the truck. I managed to wiggle the original enough to pump the gas out of the tank which made it easier to remove without the weight. Thanks again for everyones help.

MT-2500
09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
You are welcome and thanks for posting back how it went.
They did have problems with the wiring.
And most pumps come with the wiring chang over kit.
Glad you got it figured out and going.
Good Luck
MT

Add your comment to this topic!