Page updated on 11-17-2017

ls/vtech type r turbo?

mehidi
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM
hello, i'm new to this forum, i applogize if i am inturupting anyone's thread, but none has been able to help me. i have a 95 intgra, ls block, je rods, type r pistons, je rings, arp studs, gsr head, skunk2 intake manifold, titanium retainers, type r head internals, skunk2 stage 3 cams, stock injectors and fuel setup. i want to know if i can boost safely and how much can i boost, and if anyone can give me suggestion and option of all motor or boost, which ever is cost efficiant. thank you :banghead:. not putting the car on the street until the decision is made, so please help, the motor is open now with all the parts hanging around just waiting for someone to help. i looked one forum and someone told me with a ls block and gsr head and type r pistons the compression is 12.4:1 (which i don't belive), others told me 11.5:1 and then i saw 10.6:1, please help

maxassassin
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
well for starters with a stock set of injectors boost is worthless youd run lean alot. so bigger injectors for a start. as for boosting typically lowering the compression is better for boosting and since b series stuff is typically highe compression lowering it to a 10.5 to 1 or so would definetly help. but on stock sleeves you risk it all. however if your looking for homemade turbo i just do 7 psi which is safe for most stock hondas. maybe a local speed center or shop might know more.

Schister66
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM
stay under 350whp and you're fine...get a good tune

mehidi
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
can you guys recomend any turbo kits, cost efficiant and good. see i am not a honda person but i am strating to be. thanks.

92CivicFoDo
09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
build your own kit. if you already have JE rods, you might as well rip apart that motor and get some lower compression pistons while youre at it

maxassassin
09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
well the man asked for kits at least shoot out the names. rev hard makes a bit. greddy makes a good kit. you can check out homemadeturbo.com it will give you some insite. as well as cheap ebay crap. just had to rep the shit i didnt cheap out on. those are the man kits. build as reccomended build it. that way you get exactly what you want. and you can basicly choose how it works.

mehidi
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
thanks guys, it was alot of help, i have got je pistons and rings and pins with eagle rods, i figure i can do atleast 15psi. well let me know what you guys think, 255 walbro fuel pump, 550 rc injectors, je pistons, eagle rods, gsr head with type r valve train and gsr cams, arp studs, 3" down pipe and exhaust, 38mm wasegate,t3/t4 turbo, 2.5" piping with front mouth intercooler. my local tune shop said between 420-460 whp. scheduled me fro tune next week, can't wait

Add your comment to this topic!