Air intakes...

jookies?ok
08-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Was looking to get an air intake for my car, at first i wanted a normal AEM or injen CAI, but as i looked more and more, the dangers of hydrolocking and the cost sorta turned me off of the idea, until i saw short ram intakes. I was wondering though... are there ANY SRI that are offered for manual tranny cars?? they seem to all be for automatics...

MazdaX
09-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Was looking to get an air intake for my car, at first i wanted a normal AEM or injen CAI, but as i looked more and more, the dangers of hydrolocking and the cost sorta turned me off of the idea, until i saw short ram intakes. I was wondering though... are there ANY SRI that are offered for manual tranny cars?? they seem to all be for automatics...

Why the fuck would you put a short ram intake on ANYTHING ? the purpose of intake kits is to get cooler air to the intake manifold for better atomization with the fuel. The main problems with stock intakes and short rams is they suck up heat from the engine bay like a mutha fukka. Short ram = Retarded.

If you want to avoid swallowing water , get a bypass valve for the true cold air intake. I have yet to see a drop of water hit my throttle body or inners of my Injen intake and i've been running it since like the 6th month I had my car in 04.

drdisque
12-07-2007, 03:23 AM
The filter on the AEM is still like 2 feet off the ground.

Add your comment to this topic!