Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Opinions Of A kit

Slippery
11-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Hi guys today I just bought my very first Tamiya kit!
I got the Piumini Trampio Ford Sierra RS500 :confused: I would have liked the Texaco version but I havent been able to find it anywhere:( but this version was very cheap
I was wondering what peoples opinions are of this kit? The kit seems well molded and the wheels are awesome but how does is the fit?
Thanks in advance
Ste

935k3
11-18-2002, 11:47 PM
The fit of the kit is fine. It is a tricky paint job to mask and paint though.

Guido
11-19-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Slippery
I would have liked the Texaco version but I havent been able to find it anywhere:( but this version was very cheap
Ste

I have the Texaco decals as spare at home. I bought the Sierra togheter with a conversion set to make a rally version out of it. So far it's still on my to do list but the decals are of no use to me. If you want them, just drop me a pm.

Cheers,
Guido

primera man
11-19-2002, 04:16 AM
I've done the Texco kit and it went together really well with no problems.
Watch the decals though...i noticed on mine they were very thick and easy to "snap" when going around corners of the bumpers etc etc.
They didn't seem to want to stick either :(

Guido
11-19-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by primera man
Watch the decals though...i noticed on mine they were very thick and easy to "snap" when going around corners of the bumpers etc etc.
They didn't seem to want to stick either :(

A good reason to use MicroSet ;) They'll stick better after you done them with Set solution.

primera man
11-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by huudo

A good reason to use MicroSet ;) They'll stick better after you done them with Set solution.
Beleive me when i say i tried that !!!....i almost had the decals soaking in the stuff...lol
I think i may have just got a bad sheet because even when they were soaked in water they would hardly even move of the backing paper with out ripping. :mad: :mad:

ales
11-19-2002, 05:23 AM
Oh don't get me started on the Texaco decals!!!!!!!! :devil:

As for the Piumini Trampio version, I have it and it really does seem like a helluva tricky paintjob to undertake. So I have most of the decals that I can send to you if you mess something up ;)

primera man
11-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ales
Oh don't get me started on the Texaco decals!!!!!!!! :devil:

As for the Piumini Trampio version, I have it and it really does seem like

LOL...I was wondering when you would post a reply in here :p

Add your comment to this topic!