Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advice for 2006 Civic (NOT SI)

Rygads
08-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I Have a 2006 Honda Civic, and I decided to test it out for drag racing. This thing is completely stock but I managed to beat a 2002 Civic with a cold air intake system and engine tweaks. I want to power up my ide, so what should I do and how should I do for more speed? Just looking for advice.

LowETz
08-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Motor is just an air pump with more moving parts. More air in/more air out = more power.

CAI and header right off the bat. A nice little wet kit with a good safe tune and call it a day-

CassiesMan
08-29-2007, 08:55 PM
First mod should be you. Take time to learn the car, see how it likes to be launched, the sweet spots, stuff like that. Learn how to really drive it first. You'd be surprise on how much that can help. We have one memeber who posts somewhat regularly in the Street Racing and Non Specific areas regularly who took an '06 Goat to the track. First time out...ran a 15 something pass. I don't think hes had it out recently, but I'm sure if he did, it would be much faster now since he's had it for a while.

After that, go with the basics. I/H/E plus a good tune. People throw on intakes and exhausts all the time without actually toying with the ECU to take advantage of the better air flow. My roommate in college had a TSX. When it was stock and we'd race, I'd beat him by a good five+ lengths. After a bit, he got an I/H/E, and then I could only beat him by four lengths. When he finally got the tune for his ECU to match the bolt ons, we'd run neck and neck, litterally came down to who got off the line faster.

Once your really ready for power (or you may be perfectly happy with just the I/H/E+tune), there are several directions you can go. All motor, nitrous, superchargers, turbochargers, nitrous+boost, engine swaps...the possibilities are numerous, and it all depends on your budget and what you really want to do with the car.

Add your comment to this topic!