Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Elantra with engine fan problems

musky48
08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how the fans on this car are suppost to work? When they are suppost to come on if they run at the same time or seperate. The one I am working on seems to run the driver side when you turn on the a/c and or if you leave the a/c off it kicks on when the car get up to temp. But the left side never turns on and i checked it with a test light and it is not calling for it to come on. I cools fine when it is acting like this but as soon as i give it back to my girlfriend it overheats and the a/c stops working. I never overheats when I look it so I can see if the fan is just stuck or if its even getting power to it when this happens. Any help or ideas on this would be appereciated.

Thanks,
musky

Jalmir
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
hum good question, I also have a 2000 Elantra but never had that problem, I would suggest you check there :

http://www.hmaservice.com/

you register and then you can select your car and search the database (the database is in fact all the Hyundai service manual for the car, it's a web site made by Hyundai, so it's accurate!) so you'll have illustrations and instructions on what to check and how to check it.

That should help you to pinpoint the problem!

Add your comment to this topic!