Page updated on 09-26-2017

No Drive what so ever, only reverse

hyperload
08-26-2007, 02:08 PM
I have a 95 blazer and when I drove it this morning I heard a small click and then I lost all forward gears. I've searched this forum and could not find an answer to my problem. First question would be is there a fuse that would stop my trans from shifting into the forward gears? I checked the linkage and it seems to be moving properly. I would just like to find out what I should be checking before I go out and pull the pan off.

Things I checked so far:
The linkage seems to move normally.
There is fluid in the trans and it looks ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

MT-2500
08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Does it work in manual low or second or third lever position?
Any check engine lights?
Any fuses blowed?

gnknt
01-30-2010, 07:43 PM
i just had the same thing happen to my 95 blazer. made a loud bang then reved real high in overdrive, i shifted it to normal drive and it ran fine. went to turn around and had nothing...
I got reverse, but no forward gears. plenty of fluid, no leaks, does not work ain any gear niether manually or just putting it in drive.
Someone told me it sounds like the forward gear springs went and needs a total rebuild.

Any help?

Blue Bowtie
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
No springs. My guess is the forward (input) clutch is gone, either from a blown servo seal, skive ring, or stuck forward apply piston. You might have also lost the forward sprag clutch.

gnknt
01-31-2010, 08:24 AM
thanks for the info. I think the sprag is what he said and I heard spring. either way I am looking at a R&rebuild or R&R

Add your comment to this topic!