Page updated on 09-26-2017

Blazer Fuel Problem

Saskprairiegal
08-26-2007, 01:08 PM
My daughter and I were driving home yesterday when our 1992 Blazer 4.3l 4x4 started to chug, then died (i was going fast enough I coasted down a desolate highway about 6 more km). There was a smell in the cab of the truck when the chugging started. It now turns over but doesn't fire. My ex took my haynes book with him when he left. If anyone can tell me where the fuse is for the fuel pump, the fuel relay. I've dropped fuel tanks before to change the fuel pump but this vehicle is new to me as it came with my house when I bought it.

Thank you advance for any help you can get me going again. I live 45 minutes out of town so I need to at least do what I can before I pay an arm and a leg to get it too the city.

MT-2500
08-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Check your PM e mail for wiring.

Several fuses and fuse links.
I would find the fuel pump relay and check orange wire to it for 12 volts.
The gray wire from relay is 12 volts to fuel pump and shows a inline fuse on it between relay and pump.
Key on 2 second fuel pump prime you should have 12 volts on gray wire to fuel pump.
Also check for 12 volt power to fuel injectors at the injector A-B fuse in fuse box and at injectors.
Does it have spark to more that on spark plug when cranking?
MT

Add your comment to this topic!