Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nasty 1998 Concorde problem with not starting (single click)

afxtwn
08-26-2007, 12:16 PM
So last week my radiator went kaput

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/afxtwn/IMAGE_007-1.jpg

So I got a new radiator and put it in.

Well I started the car for the first time to check any leaks, there was one leak with the trans fluid pipe so I took it off and fixed it, when I went to start the car a second time, the car wouldn't start, it only gives me a single click, Ive tried the battery and starter solenoid but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? all I did was fix this one tube and now it wont work :)

Another side note, the radiator had another, ill call it radiator...attached to it. My buddy unscrewed one of the bolts thinking he had to and it shot out some sort of gas, is this something that dosent refil itself? was it just a pressurised part of the car that will re-pressurise when the car runs a bit?

Any help is appreciated!

taillight
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
First make sure the battery is fully charged. Check battery cables for being loose or corroded. You have to get 12 volts to the starter. Second I think you lost your R134A(freon).

afxtwn
08-27-2007, 07:57 AM
First make sure the battery is fully charged. Check battery cables for being loose or corroded. You have to get 12 volts to the starter. Second I think you lost your R134A(freon).

Thanks, im checking on the battery today, as for the freon, is that something I have to have professionally recharged or can I buy a little kit to fix it myself? there seemed to be a little leak when I put it back in maybe the bolt didn't tighten enough im not sure.

thanks for your help.

afxtwn
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I tried jumping the battery but it was a no-go. I checked all the electrical I could but I just dont understand why it would be doing this. Im looking for my OBDII Reader to check for codes, I only had a little oil in it because I was about to change it when the rad when bad and a tiny bit leaked out the tube when I replaced the radiator. I have since filled it and its all clean, do you think it could be a precaution system not letting the car start? The car literally only ran for like 15 seconds with the low oil.

taillight
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Are you sure the battery cables are tight on both ends ? The oil you lost from the radiator was transmisson fluid. You might have to add a little. If your engine was low on oil you could have done some damage if you ran it that way. Try turning the engine over with a wrench just to see if it will move.

afxtwn
08-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Are you sure the battery cables are tight on both ends ? The oil you lost from the radiator was transmisson fluid. You might have to add a little. If your engine was low on oil you could have done some damage if you ran it that way. Try turning the engine over with a wrench just to see if it will move.

Yeah I tightened everything up real well. How do you turn the engine with a wrench?

taillight
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
On the front pully.

afxtwn
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
On the front pully.

Sorry to sound novice....well I am one :) but do I just find a socket or wrench that fits the big pully and turn it (clockwise or counter clockwise)?

Add your comment to this topic!