Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Issues after flood damage

Baby Jai
08-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I have a Honda Accord (http://www.2carpros.com/forum/issues-after-flood-damage-vt55202.html#), 2000, with 112,340 miles on it. The engine size I believe is 2.3L. The issue there was a flood in the middle of the street, and I thought I could make it thru it. Well halfway thru the (lake) the car stalled. I did not try to start it when it was in the flood. However, I let it dry overnight, checked the oil and there was no water in the oil. There was no white spots in the oil when I checked the stick. The water only went up about 8 inches from the ground, but I believe it went into my air filter. I have a custom air filter which is really close to the ground (even with mid tire) on the front. Now the problem is when I start it, it just makes a really loud clicking noise. Almost like the starter is bad, however someone that knows somethign about cars said that it feels like the solonoid is bad. The distributor cap DID not get wet, it only went up to about 1/4 engine.

wiseguy01
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
j u might have hydrolocked it like u said the water goes into the intake and does its toll,, or check ur fusebox for any blown fuses

Greenblurr93
08-30-2007, 08:31 AM
you may have shorted your starter, check the fuses, pull ALL your spark plugs out and disconnect the injectors, try and crank the car. if it cranks, any water that got into you engine will be shot out the spark plug hole. If it doesnt crank, you can test to see if its getting power to the starter, if it is.. then its a bad starter.

Add your comment to this topic!