Page updated on 11-21-2017

Installing zr2 into 96 4door blazer, possible and what do i need?

bjrjr16
08-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi I went to the junk yard today and found a zr2 that just got in, its a 95 or 96 truck, has the 31 with the trac bar on the rear axle and the higher spring shackles, I was wondeing what fornt end parts i need to install on my blazer fomr the zr2 to make it all work. I am allready tearing mine all apart for the front differential installation because I blew mine apart using front wheel drive. I allready have 3.73 gears all around and 31's ready to go on. I wasnt sure if the control arms were longer in the front or not. I know i need the cv axles, i believe the bearings, and the shocks. i was wondering if i needed anything else. For the rear end i was wondering if the axle assembly is wider or not? is it the same width as my normal rear end? i plan on getting it anyway so i could have the rear trac bar. I really want to do this swap over. and yet again my rear end is getting replaced anyway for my 3.73 posi. Thanks alot, Brian

bjrjr16
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Anyone have any info on this? thanks, brian

old_master
08-27-2007, 07:42 PM
You could write all of the differences on a roll of toilet paper with #2 font and you still might not get them all on there. Might be easier to repair the ZR2.

Add your comment to this topic!