Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stupid question.

Rickard_Olsson
08-26-2007, 09:43 AM
hmm.. This is a quite stupid question for being a modeler but I got some Mr. Mark Softer and Mr. Mark Setter.. Could anyone give me some fast instructions on which to use and in what order and what they do..? :)

Thanks !

// Rickard

MPWR
08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Not a stupid question at all, unless you can read Japanese. :grinno: It's kinda stupid that they don't provide a more international labeling on their produts.

I believe Mr Mark softer is similar to Micro Sol, and Mr Mark Setter is similar to Micro set.

But my experince with Mr Mark softer is that it's pretty gentle stuff. You can use it alone and it makes decals easier to work with, yet doesn't 'attack' them like stronger solvents. It's almost all I use lately.

Rickard_Olsson
08-26-2007, 09:54 AM
ahh okey.. thanks. :)

Do you know how the setter works?

// Rickard

stevenoble
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
But my experince with Mr Mark softer is that it's pretty gentle stuff.

I've had adverse reactions using Mr Mark Softer on Tamiya decals where it has destroyed them beyond repair.But it's been fine on other decal brands.If in doubt test it first on a decal you do not need.The Mr Mark Setter is the same as Micro Set,apply it onto the area where the decal is going and apply the decal on top of it,much the same as Micro Set.

MPWR
08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I've had adverse reactions using Mr Mark Softer on Tamiya decals where it has destroyed them beyond repair.But it's been fine on other decal brands.If in doubt test it first on a decal you do not need.

I guess it goes to show that any combination can go bad. :uhoh: I became very impressed with Mr Mark softer when I did the full body decals on my Gr A 635CSi. The decals were ancient (this was not a rerelease kit), and they worked extremely well with Softer. :dunno:

stevenoble
08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
I became very impressed with Mr Mark softer when I did the full body decals on my Gr A 635CSi.

Yes,it is generally excellent.I used it on the S27 Carbon fibre decals recently on my Ducati 916 and they bedded down beautifully.It must have been the particular sheet I had.

Add your comment to this topic!