Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Door wont open from outside, please help.

cbz26drvr
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
i have a 95 beretta and the door handle wont open or lock/unlock from the outside on the driver's side. i have the rods for the handle but im not sure how to install them so i can get this problem dealt with. please help me.

Blue Bowtie
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Once the inner door trim panel is removed, and the latch is exposed, the mechanism is relatively self-explanatory. Thee is usually a lever with a hole and a metal or plastic bail clip.

The other possibility is the locking mechanism is not completely releasing, permitting the interior lever to operate but not the exterior. Either way, the latch mechanism will need to be inspected.

loosenut74
10-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Once the inner door trim panel is removed, and the latch is exposed, the mechanism is relatively self-explanatory. Thee is usually a lever with a hole and a metal or plastic bail clip.

The other possibility is the locking mechanism is not completely releasing, permitting the interior lever to operate but not the exterior. Either way, the latch mechanism will need to be inspected.broken plastic... (bail clip) as everyone else discribes it $0.75 at ALL g.m. dealershyips....

cbz26drvr
10-28-2007, 11:31 PM
thanx for all of the info and i have gotten it fixed

loosenut74
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
thanx for all of the info and i have gotten it fixedwas the clip the problem?...

cbz26drvr
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
no, for the door handle i just hadnt put the new rod in yet, and for the lock, the rod was busted down by the clip

loosenut74
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
no, for the door handle i just hadnt put the new rod in yet, and for the lock, the rod was busted down by the clipthe rod broke?...

Add your comment to this topic!