Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Geo Prizm 190k miles wont start... no spark

Zigatoola
08-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Havent had any problems with this car until I went to start it after work yesterday and it wont catch. Turns over but wont start. I pulled a spark plug wire and didnt see any spark when holding it close to ground and trying to start it. I dont know what could have happened while it was just sitting there to keep it from starting but I'm trying to trace it down now.

I havent bought a chiltons yet, but can anyone tell me where the ignition coil is so I can see if I'm getting any power out of it? I tried tracing back the wires going to the distributer but didnt see it. Is it in the distributer itself? is it a replaceable part?

Thanks!

velle68
09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
The best idea is to buy a chiltons manual. There is a lot of information on troubleshooting the lack of spark. I would like to give you the information but a lotof it requires diagrams to know the pin configuration. The lack of spark may be caused by the camshaft sensor, the coil, or even the timing belt. Make sure it is the Chilton manual (it is the same I am looking at for my car.

Add your comment to this topic!