Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'92 LeSabre Ignition Switch

papafogal
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Someone tried to steal my car yesterday and they smashed through the signal light side and broke the ignition switch. I was just wondering how easy that would be to change myself. Not sure if there are any other parts broken but probably, he almost had it cause I have to start it with a screwdriver now.

Also anyone know about fuses that keep blowing, its just the fuse that controls the a/c and heater controls, the fuse blows and now the heat is stuck only coming out of the vents and the a/c won't work!

any help on either of these would be greatly appreciated!!

richtazz
08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
When they break the column, you'll mostl likely need the key cylinder, and the rack that runs from it to the actual ignition switch.

As far as the a/c issues, does your car have manual a/c or auto climate control?

papafogal
08-25-2007, 09:35 AM
ok wasn't too sure what was broken in there, someone said something about the rumbler or something like that, he broke the teeth like things that catch the rack I guess so it wont go all the way back.

as for the a/c its not manual so when the fuse blows you can't use any of the buttons that switches what kind of a/c or heat you want.

Add your comment to this topic!