Page updated on 09-25-2017

Water Sound When Accelerating

MyDaughter'sBlazer
08-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Just got my daughter an '01 Blazer, runs nice but makes this sound like running water when you punch the accelerator...45mph or more. It sounds like it is coming from the dash (center) area or back of engine compartment. Any thoughts ??

old_master
08-24-2007, 05:42 PM
The cooling system is probably low on coolant. Several things can cause it. Best to have it pressure tested to find and repair the leak. The most common things would be radiator cap, intake gaskets, heater core, or water pump.

mavrim
09-06-2007, 01:31 PM
My 2000 Blazer Zr2 was making that gurgle sound as I would begin acceleration at low speed. It was doing that last winter when the truck was first started. I haven't heard that sound since spring time/summer. Prior to last winter I had to get the heater core flushed out due to a blockage. I had heat all winter and it seems to be working fine. One day last winter the engine temp started to go higher that normal, but then was ok. Sorry that I could not answer your question, I am curious to know what this water gurgle sound was.

frehol
09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
My 2000 Blazer Zr2 was making that gurgle sound as I would begin acceleration at low speed. It was doing that last winter when the truck was first started. I haven't heard that sound since spring time/summer. Prior to last winter I had to get the heater core flushed out due to a blockage. I had heat all winter and it seems to be working fine. One day last winter the engine temp started to go higher that normal, but then was ok. Sorry that I could not answer your question, I am curious to know what this water gurgle sound was.

It was probably air trapped in the heater core after you had it flushed. Eventually the air got flushed away from the core. I experienced the same after replacing the heater core..
/Freddy

Rick Norwood
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
What you are hearing is Air in your cooling system. Air in your system can easily be removed. Follow the instuctions in the link posted inside this thread:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=729213

burnchassis3
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I heard a sloshing noise in my 99 too..it definately wasnt cooling system...but sounded more like water leaked into the roof and was sloshing back n forth..sounded like a gallon maybe..truck has never leaked inside though..it went away never did figure it out.
I thought maybe water leaked into the back vent corner area of the roof..but who knows.
CS

What you are hearing is Air in your cooling system. Air in your system can easily be removed. Follow the instuctions in the link posted inside this thread:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=729213

CaboKP
09-21-2007, 08:06 AM
I had the same problem with my 97 and it did that for about 2 years before the heater core went out.

Gp83
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Ever sense I replaced my heater core I have also had a sloshing noise under my dash in my 97 s10 Blazer. It does it even when I rev it in park. I just gotten used to it

old_master
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Bleed the air out of the system.

daytona3_8
11-14-2007, 04:51 AM
i know this is a little old but i kept hearing th same stuff from my friends blazer and shortly affter his intake gasket blew (litteraly BLEW!!!) lol dont know if its connected who knows

old_master
11-14-2007, 06:31 AM
i know this is a little old but i kept hearing th same stuff from my friends blazer and shortly affter his intake gasket blew (litteraly BLEW!!!) lol dont know if its connected who knows

The gasket was probably leaking slightly and allowed the cooling system to run low on coolant causing the noise from the heater core. Low coolant will cause the engine to run hotter and build more pressure which is probably what blew the gasket out.

Softwolf
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, I had that same sloshing sound when I brought my Blazer home from Connecticut. I can't emphasize this enough - get the air out of your cooling system ASAP, especially if you still have DexCool in there. Otherwise you will be like me and have to replace your radiator, heater core and just about everthing in between the two. It ain't pretty and the longer you wait, the more damage is done.

Add your comment to this topic!