Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90-93 usdm integras b16a swap

droopyli05
08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
i have a 1990 acura integra i just recently, had a b16a swapped into the car and the check engine light stays on and every now and then the car bogs,

i think also i might need a better tranny or just to replace it all together. im still using the ls tranny would a type r tranny or a gsr tranny be better or should i just get a b16 tranny.... please help.

Greenblurr93
08-24-2007, 07:46 AM
b16 tranny has short gears and will suck on the highway, but will kick ass in the city. LS has long gear and youll get great gas mileage on the highway, but suck in the city. GSR has a good mix in between the 2 others. So it depends on how much driving you do and where.. what code are you throwing? just telling us it throws a code doesnt help much..

droopyli05
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I Dont Know How to Figure out what code its throwing out. how would i figure that out. and one other thing does anyone know where i can get some decent fabric like maybe similar to the new si's or TL's because my interior needs re upholstering bad.... i know a shop that'll do the work but i hate the fabric there.

droopyli05
09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
i have a pr3 ecu but when i pulled the carpet back i didnt notice a led light.... is there anyone who can tell me how else to find out what code its throwing. its a pr3 obd1 ecu

Greenblurr93
09-04-2007, 05:53 AM
if its odb1, it wont have a light, you need to find the diagnostic terminal under the glovebox, its a green plug with 2 wires, jump it using either a small paperclip or wire, turn the ign key to the on position but dont start it.. your CEL will start to flash. a Long flash equals 10 and a short flash = 1. so if you see 2 long flashes and a short flash, thats code 21.

jaropeace
11-11-2007, 01:45 AM
i have a 1990 integra gs
replaced rear disk brakes, callipers rotors and pads in the front one weekend and the rear the next weekend and when we did the rear brakes we ran into problems

the car has Sumitomo abs brake system
we bled the brake system
when i started the car and pulled the e brake , the e brake made a snap sound and went limp
now the car barley has brake power and barley any pressure in the brake pedal when the car is turned on,
but when turned off the pressure builds up again in the brake pedal
the mitsuba inter lock control makes a clicking sound whenever i touch the brake peddle
not sure if we bled the bakes properly because of the abs system

not sure if i am giving detailed enough information for help but if you have any suggestions i would be gratefull

Add your comment to this topic!