Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Light Power Point

vrmlbasic
08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
In the removable frame piece running up the inside of the doorframe on the drivers' side is the power cable for the interior lights. I grabbed some lighted visors, and I was going to install them on a line off of the cigarette lighter, but I thought that there might be a hot pin on the plug for the optional lighted visors that I did not receive from the factory.

The visors don't have a plug; they were severed and just have wires coming out, so it may be more practical to splice into the cig lighter, but I would still like to know how this interior light plug works.

Also, were there any stock black or white visors made? All I've seen in my limited LeSabre interior experience are vintage grey (myself), faded red, and tan leather. So I put the question out to you guys.

Thanks

Loekee75
08-24-2007, 12:23 AM
In the removable frame piece running up the inside of the doorframe on the drivers' side is the power cable for the interior lights. I grabbed some lighted visors, and I was going to install them on a line off of the cigarette lighter, but I thought that there might be a hot pin on the plug for the optional lighted visors that I did not receive from the factory.

The visors don't have a plug; they were severed and just have wires coming out, so it may be more practical to splice into the cig lighter, but I would still like to know how this interior light plug works.

Also, were there any stock black or white visors made? All I've seen in my limited LeSabre interior experience are vintage grey (myself), faded red, and tan leather. So I put the question out to you guys.

Thanks

Instead of splicing them with the cigar lighter I'd slice them with the dome light circuit. The dome light wires trail up behind the interior A-pillar covers (not certain which side) Either way, it's a lot easier to access and requires less wire! If all you've got is wire hanging out to work with, if I remember correctly, you will have orange and black leads; orange for power, black for ground. I've never seen OEM black or white visors before. For what it's worth, there's dark blue in addition to the colors you mentioned, though. :iceslolan

vrmlbasic
08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Are there wires in the dome light cord (in my ride it is in the left pillar) that are hot all the time, or at least with the key turned to accessory or above?

If not, then the visors would only light when the dome light is on, and if the dome is on, why would I need a light on the visor?

Loekee75
08-25-2007, 08:37 AM
You know, I was thinking your car had a dome light with an on/off switch (meaning the wire would be hot at all times) but then I remembered that the LeSabre has the single dome light that must be turned on either with the dash slider switch or by having a door open..sorry about that miscommunication!

Add your comment to this topic!