Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new the g6 forums

razial22
08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
hello, i just bought a 2005 g6 3.5 6cyl sedan model. so far my girlfriend and i love the car we got rid of my 2000 olds alero 3.4 to get this. i'm to this forum but have been around alittle while hideing in the alero forums, and was wondering what kinda of problems i can expect from this car. any and all info would be appreciated.

thank you

raz

grfnkl
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
hello, i just bought a 2005 g6 3.5 6cyl sedan model. so far my girlfriend and i love the car we got rid of my 2000 olds alero 3.4 to get this. i'm to this forum but have been around alittle while hideing in the alero forums, and was wondering what kinda of problems i can expect from this car. any and all info would be appreciated.

thank you

raz

Welcome to the G6 forums Raz. For the 2005 G6, I have not heard too many problems mechanically. The only thing you should watch out for is the Gaskets. The 3.5L engine is based off of the 3.4 that you had in the olds. So it's prone to the same LIM gasket leak. If not taken care of you could blow a head gasket. I have heard a few people that have had this happen already... so that's something to look at. Otherwise overall you should be fine. Just like any car though, you could end up with that one problem that no one else may experience.

Good luck and congrats on the "new" car

Add your comment to this topic!