Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help no oil pressure

Andykid456
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Today i was driving and alison i hear a noise so i pull over and pop my hood and see the ac belt was broken and it was draging on the floor so i pull it out. To take my car home and i see i have no oil pressure the motor was not knocking so i added a quart and a half since it was a lil low and i mostly costed home im not sure whats the probablem. i saw a leak coming from my valve cover so im going to replace the whole gasket. i was wondering if my oil pump is shot? and if so is it a pain in the ass to replace its a 95 eclipse gsx

l_eclipse_l
08-21-2007, 01:00 AM
i see i have no oil pressure the motor was not knocking so i added a quart and a half since it was a lil low

How exactly did you know you had no oil pressure again? A quart and a half low is quite a bit, you should check your oil levels more often. How bad is the leak from your valve cover?

Andykid456
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
the leak on the valve cover wasnt that bad but i put 1 and half quarts in and the oil pressure is not moving back up its staying on low i cant even drive the car what does that mean? i know its on low because of the guage in dashboard

SilvrEclipse
08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
hmm... im not sure how accurate those gauges are. Is there any way to test it and see if you have no oil pressure? Maybe check the turbo oil drain to see if any oil is going through it. That would tell you if the oil pump was workin.

Andykid456
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey if i get and after market guage where does it hook up to? anotherthing is and oil pump hard to change?

SilvrEclipse
08-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Not sure about the 4g63 motor but mine has my oil sending unit screws into the back of the block, when the stock oil pressure sender went. The stock on sucks on the 420a so I just threw it away.

To replace the oil pump you have to drop the oil pan, it shouldn't be to hard.

inafogg
08-21-2007, 03:36 PM
there has to be a sender on engine. either on the side of or back of engine block. take it out & hook pressure guage there

flyguy123
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Not sure about the 4g63 motor but mine has my oil sending unit screws into the back of the block, when the stock oil pressure sender went. The stock on sucks on the 420a so I just threw it away.

To replace the oil pump you have to drop the oil pan, it shouldn't be to hard.

If the oil pump is located on the side of the block like the 420A's then it will take a bit more than just dropping the pan. The timing belt and gear will need to be removed as well as the oil pan. If your doing all that then you should take a look at your bearings also because if your pump is junk there is a good chance your bearings are also.

caniborrow50cnts
09-07-2007, 10:55 AM
at 3000 rpm, the oil pressure gauge needle is supposed to be somewhere between the 2 middle lines, there are only 4 lines total. it is better to be close to but above the middle line. if your dipstick is at the max and your gauge is above or below that region, you have an oil flow problem

defiancy
09-07-2007, 10:56 AM
The stock guages are not accurate at all. The one on my GSX doesn't work at all yet I know I have rocking oil pressure.

Hook up an aftermarket oil pressure guage and go from there.

You AC belt has nothing to do with oil so while that may be coincidental it shouldn't be related.

Add your comment to this topic!