Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New engine

johnownsall2
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey everyone im new to this site but i was wondering how much would it cost for a whole new engine and transmission. together sorry if its in wrong spot thanks

sickcallawayc12
08-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome to AF.

Mods will probably move this to engineering/technical forum.

What vehicle or what engine & tranny?

johnownsall2
08-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Just any type of vehicle like wat is the price around? the range i was just wondering

'97ventureowner
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
That question is somewhat difficult to answer without more info like sickcallawayc12 said. Within different model vehicles there could be different option engines and transmissions. Some options were more popular than others , so their price might be lower as the supply is more plentiful, then again, I've seen just the opposite as they were so popular there was shortage and the price was driven up. When you refer to "new", do you mean a brand new engine from the factory, or a new "rebuilt engine" as there the prices can vary greatly as well. There are many sites on the web that sell replacement engines you could look at to get a better idea on pricing for your needs. Jaspers,www.powerpro2000.com,www.atkengines.com,pr ecisionengine.com are some online sites selling engines. You could also check each car maker's site such as GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. for their new engines. Expect to pay from a few hundred dollars on up to a few thousand dollars for an engine based on what you need, the availability, and options.

Add your comment to this topic!