Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Adding a Rear Hatch Release

freesiagirl
08-19-2007, 11:23 PM
OK, so I've got kids, and sometimes I'm holding a kids hand, holding bags of groceries, and trying to get to my keys to unlock my rear hatch. I've seen rear hatch release's on Ebay, but for newer models. Does anyone know if I can install this in my car? Much Thanks. :rofl: :rofl:

Crvett69
08-20-2007, 03:47 AM
if you can find the cable and handle and trunk latch off a swift GT it will install in a 2 door metro. not sure it will fit the 4 door since its longer. there are actually 2 cables that are on a GT from the same handle next to the seat, the second one opens the gas flap. if you looking for a push button release on your key chain you will have to find a remote door unlock kit on e-bay or some similar site

Icanfixit
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
OK, so I've got kids, and sometimes I'm holding a kids hand, holding bags of groceries, and trying to get to my keys to unlock my rear hatch. I've seen rear hatch release's on Ebay, but for newer models. Does anyone know if I can install this in my car? Much Thanks. :rofl: :rofl: Go talk to your brother, he might have something that will work in his junk collection. Possiblly have something along the lines of an electric solenoid. You can mount a push button somewhere and easier to install by a long shot.

carpenter_jai
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I found a hatch release cable at the pick n pull last year. I got it off a firefly I think. I had to cut a notch into the plastic under the door so that I could mount it. It was a pretty easy job since there are threaded holes just waiting for the cable.

Wish I had done it years ago when my kids were still holding hand age.

Jai

Add your comment to this topic!