Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 735i - Drivers front and rear doors won't open from inside or out.

SirCarltontheGreat
08-18-2007, 01:53 PM
New BMW second problem (hope this is not a trend). An issue when i purchased the vehicle the drivers front and rear doors do not open from the inside or out. How can I open the door to begin to troubleshoot/repair the problem. Is this a common problem in older bmws?

lincolnmaster80
08-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Are the lock pins not coming up when you unlock the car? On the inside, is the door catch release handle not pulling out as normal? If so, it would seem your actuators are not unlocking everything completely. Even if the lock pins are coming up, mechanically something isn't being released inside the door. That's just my first guess.

If the inside door handle is able to pull out but the door is not releasing, then you'll probably be looking at the door release pulls inside the door. Use that bmwfans site I gave you to research what the insides of the door mechanism look like then tear into the door.

http://bmwe32.masscom.net/

Go to the Fixes --> Body & Interior --> Doorpanel Removal

There are also three other catagories you might want to look over as well. (I haven't read them over yet so I don't know if they'll really help you or not...)

Add your comment to this topic!