Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strange leak 02 venture

therodrr8
08-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Hello, I have a 2002 Chevy Venture. I discovered a slow leak at the passenger side base of the radiator where the round plastic disk rests into frame. I thought it was coolant but it appears to be green, mine is pink and feels oil like. Any idea what this could be?

scottnhalifax
08-19-2007, 05:15 AM
well it is not your rad that is leaking, sounds like the condensor to me that is used for the air conditioning. the green stuff you see is the dye they inject in the sytem along with the oil you feel for the compressor. sorry to ruin your day

GregA
08-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Scott is probably right - leaking condenser.

Check out this page (http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/venture-air-conditioning-hose-replaced.html) if you want to see what happened on my 2001.

Take Care,

therodrr8
08-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the info guys. One last question.

Since winter is almost here and I won't be using my A/C, is this something I can fix next summer or should I do it now?

Thanks again

scottnhalifax
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
im sure delaying it to next summer wont hurt, my ac has the same problem and hasnt worked since last year.....i just dont have 600 to fix it
scott

GregA
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info guys. One last question.

Since winter is almost here and I won't be using my A/C, is this something I can fix next summer or should I do it now?

Thanks again
You can wait, but if you use your defroster a lot during winter, it will not be as effective. The AC is used for defrost to help remove moisture from the air that is blown on the windshield.

Take Care,

therodrr8
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone!!

saskgmtech
09-12-2007, 10:04 PM
If, or when you replace the condensor....make sure you DO NOT put the bottom bolt back in the condensor on the passenger side, not only is it not necessary, but if you put it back, you will likely invite a repeat failure.

Add your comment to this topic!