P1450 Error Code

rmanick1
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Please Help.

The “Service Engine Soon” light recently came on in my 2001 Ford Taurus SES with a 24 valve DOHC engine. I read the trouble codes which indicated a "P1450 malfunction" which I was able to identify as the “Inability of Evaporative Emission Control System to Bleed Fuel Tank”. I proceeded to replace the fuel filler cap, since it was the easiest thing to do, but that did not fix the problem.

I also checked for kinks in all the hoses and fuel lines in and around the EVAP canister which I believe is located in the rear underneath of the vehicle. However, I did not come across any indication of any problems.

I would really appreciate some help figuring out what the actual problem is along with advice as to how to proceed and troubleshoot the problem and a suggested potential fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

shorod
08-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Doesn't seem to be a common issue with an easy typical fix.

It sounds like you may already have this information, but typical causes for this code would be:

Blockages or kinks in EVAP canister tube or EVAP canister purge outlet tube (between fuel tank, EVAP canister purge valve and EVAP canister)
Fuel filler cap stuck closed (no vacuum relief)
Contaminated fuel vapor elbow on EVAP canister
Restricted EVAP canister
CV solenoid stuck open (partially or fully)
Plugged CV solenoid filter
EVAP canister purge valve stuck open
VREF circuit open (harness near FTP sensor, FTP sensor or PCM)
Damaged FTP sensor-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!