Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ticketing procedure question

fender5
08-16-2007, 01:54 AM
so i got pulled over today (yay first one) and the cop clocked me for going 57 in a 40. so my question, he only asked to see my license, not my proof of insurance or registration. is that a violation that can get the ticket dismissed? also he incorrectly noted the number of passengers. i know im shooting in that dark but a speeding ticket will kill me in CA. (yes im from CA if that helps the legality of any of this) thanks plenty

fredjacksonsan
08-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Proof of insurance and number of passengers don't matter....what does is that you were positively identified as the driver of a vehicle in violation...sorry, but the other stuff won't get you off.

Good luck with the court date....have a look around in here and you'll find some great strategies.

lwpat
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
They don't have to ask for insurance and registration and those are not related to the violation. He had already run your tags so he knew the name and address of the registered owner. You should get a courtesy notice in about two weeks. Most people would take the online traffic school and keep it off your record. You can only do this every 18 months so slow down.

Add your comment to this topic!