Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Different hub problems

alerofan
08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I got a 01 Alero GL 3.4 with 97k miles and have the common 3 lights (low trac, anti-lock, and SES I think) that come on the dash. The only difference with my hub problem that I don't see on any other post is: when I first start the car and drive it in one direction no lights come on at all, but when I start moving the other direction (reverse) the 3 lights come on, and vise versa. I had this problem a few months ago, took it into the shop and they said it was the front/drivers side. I am 99% sure it's the hub that needs to be replaced since the only thing that's different is the change in direction. Just wanted to make sure before I pay $120, and if anyone else can put some input into this. All help would be greatly appreciated!

maxwedge
08-15-2007, 07:04 PM
A scan of the abs will tell you what is going on.

alerofan
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Well I replaced the LF hub over the weekend and had no problems at all. Just had to buy a new axle nut seperately becuase I guess GM redesigned it (or thats what the timken note said) and torqued to 176 ft. lbs. I also noticed that the old hub was very hard to turn so that would explain a slight pull to the left. Easy fix! Thank You

Add your comment to this topic!