Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

osakajdmmoters.com?

JDM_HatchCivic
11-14-2002, 11:40 PM
has anyone purchased a engine from osaka? if so how was the eninges condition and the reliability for the service? and would you recommend it?

chewiejdh
11-18-2002, 11:32 AM
I was wondering this myself. the engines are very resonably priced. It's just that I've never heard of them. Can anyone help? Thanks alot.

DelSolSI-96
12-03-2002, 02:43 AM
just on the honda-tech furom and everyone except one seemed to be happy with them. Anyone on here had first hand experience with them i would also like to know. Almost to low to be true prices.

HondaSi88
01-19-2003, 09:23 PM
i emailed them a few times about coming up there to check out their place and they were cool with it!
1050 for a b16a complete is not bad!

NuEra
01-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by HondaSi88
i emailed them a few times about coming up there to check out their place and they were cool with it!
1050 for a b16a complete is not bad!
Are they really in Ousaka?

94civic
01-25-2003, 07:28 PM
one thing you gotta remeber about them is that all the wire harnesses on their motors are cut, which costs more money if you are having it installed. i was thinking of buying a b16a2 from them, but they told me that mostly every one of their engines have their harnesses cut and i called up my local swap shop and they told me its $500 to fix the harness.

MLodsin
01-25-2003, 08:55 PM
I too have heard a lot of bad stuff about them from the Honda-tech forum...They are located in Canada I believe and lately they have been ripping a lot of people off. You buy one thing and send the wrong thing. When you do try to get your stuff, they just give you the run around. I would stick to IAS or Hondamotorsonline

CHK4TIX
02-11-2003, 10:04 AM
well, i have personally bought my h22a from osaka motors, I will just put it this way you get what you pay for. I paid 2200.00 total 378.00 was for shipping, 100.00 was for a set of axles, and 300.00 for LSD tranny. When the motor arrived it had multiple busted sensers, a 6 inch crack on the intake manifold. I was shipped 2 axles from who know what kind of car. They didnt send the LSD tranny. So i tried contacting them anover and over.

Finally after about 2 months i was t that they would be sending a new intake manifold and a refund for the LSD tranny that i didnt recieve. Another month went by of calling and emailing everyday with out hearing anything, when i recieved a refund check of 200.00 dollars "for missing parts" With all the truble i went threw and the fact that i couldnt get a hold of anyone, i figured $200 was better then nothing.......Well once again i was wrong, THE CHECK BOUNCED!!!!!! it has now been 4 moths of still trying to get a hold of them with no results.

I would recomend checking out the info on Honda-tech. com, There is evidence to suggest that the site "osakamotors" is really just a front for an individual that is just a re-seller for osaka motors and really has nothing to do with the actual importing or shipping of motors.

Please do your research, because of the problems that others and i have had with Osaka, they were banned from advertising on H-T

markpa
02-12-2003, 07:06 AM
I suggest not buying an engine from any site. Go to a shop and buy it there, that way you can inspect the thing, and youll now what your getting unlike when you order over the internet.

purespeed187
02-12-2003, 07:35 PM
cant you buy from a honda/acura dealer and get a warranty on the engine?

edman24
02-12-2003, 09:09 PM
i dont think they carry anymore b series engines at the dealers and if you do find one yes it will come with warranty but will cost at least a grand more then any other non dealer.

markpa
02-13-2003, 05:38 AM
performance shops are the best place to get reliable engines, and if you have the shop put it in they wii make sure its a good quality engine, cause they wont want problems later on.

sparq
02-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Good advice Mark, although it may be hard to track down a shop that sells swaps if you dont live in a major city - LOOK FOR THEM! Think about it, they wouldnt want to throw a bum motor into a customers car who can destroy their reputation locally... where as online, if a bad motor goes out most people will just use the "well its a used motor, its to be expected" line. If you dont plan on rebuilding the motor then DONT BUY ONLINE!

Also, even if the harness was intact, it wouldnt fit USDM cars because the ECU is in a differant location. Anyone with a cut harness, should unvest in a soldering iron, shrink wrap, and a few hours with a good wiring guide and just repair it themselves. I will never trust ANYONE to solder/crimp ANYTHING in my car. Your harness is the "veins" of your cars body, make sure its done properly and everything is clean! :smoka:

V00D00
02-13-2003, 10:58 PM
this topic is pretty cool. its made me think twice about ordering online.

shepworldwide
03-07-2003, 06:35 AM
the thing i don't understand is for most of us in the northeast or upstate ny could easily take the drive there to pick it up..

and i have also read that there serivce blows ass and there ripping people off. so riddle me this batman>>why do they still advertise on H-T

:confused:

jcrx
03-07-2003, 08:47 AM
Warning:Osucka motors ships busted ass motors with parts missing and/or destroyed and unusable,their customer service is horrible,and you will be very lucky to get a good motor.I can link about fifty threads from people who have been ripped off by the guys.If you want a complete,clean,working motor with all the right parts try any of these places.

www.hybridrevolution.com
www.hmotorsonline.com
www.passwordjdm.com
www.importautosalvage.com

All these are tried and proven reliable and if something is messed up will fix it promply.If you go to Osucka,don't say you haven't been warned.

jcrx
03-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by edman24
i dont think they carry anymore b series engines at the dealers and if you do find one yes it will come with warranty but will cost at least a grand more then any other non dealer.
Ok,you can order motors from Honda,and yes they will come with a warrany,but check out the price

The first dollar amount is Hondas price and the second is Majestics,which is cheaper than any OEM supplier I've found

102609 001 1 CYLINDER HEAD ASSY. NO COLOR $1493.88 $1120.42
102672 001 1 BLOCK ASSY., CYLINDER (B17A1) NO COLOR $1647.94 $1235.95

Of course now,that is just the Head and Block,now tack on all the bolts,cams,gears,oil pan,crank...you get they idea.

Add your comment to this topic!