Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trailer Light Problem

73runnergtx
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Just bought a new car trailer and the lights work on the passenger side only. The dealer has checked out the trailer and the lights are working when hooked up to another vehicle. i am pulling this trailer with a 2003 Chevy Avalanche. I have checked the fuses, they look OK. As i said it is only the driver side brake and turn signal light. What can I do?

Thanks! :wink:

horse482
08-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the forum. Have you checked to see if they work with a different trailer? What trailer plug are you using? Check out this web site, http://www.trailerwiring.com/, and go to "cut and splice products", find you connector that you are using (truck side) click on the pic and then the link for install instructions. There you will be able to see how they should be wired.

ftxlcincy
08-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Just bought a new car trailer and the lights work on the passenger side only. The dealer has checked out the trailer and the lights are working when hooked up to another vehicle. i am pulling this trailer with a 2003 Chevy Avalanche. I have checked the fuses, they look OK. As i said it is only the driver side brake and turn signal light. What can I do?

Thanks! :wink:
Not sure if this will help, but after I bought my 03 silverado GM sent me a bulletin about a change in the wiring connections. If your lights were off you may not have any electric brakes, if your lights are on your brakes may apply without applying them. Sounds like the prong locations changed and the light connection on the truck now lines up with the brake connection on the trailer, so other connections might not line up also. They have a GM part #15085418 to remedy the problem. This might be something to look into seeing that your avalanche is an '03.

horse482
08-31-2007, 11:16 PM
I think that change was on the brake control connector.

Add your comment to this topic!