Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 audio help

850DeVille
08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Well the old man I bought the car from said he had disconnected the radio and when he went reconnect he accidently hooked up negative with positive and positive with negative and he heard a loud pop and he just left it unconnected so I was wondering how can I fix it. Or is my radio busted..

and oh yea its the stock radio.

and if there is way to fix it i need instructions im not a car person

DFBonnett
08-15-2007, 07:49 AM
First thing would be to connect it correctly and see if it works. If it doesn't, check the fuse. If the fuse is OK verify that you are getting power to the radio with a volt meter. If you are getting power to the unit but it is not working you will either have to replace the unit or get it repaired.

ISmellRubber
08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Most likely it poped the car's fuse however if the stereo does not function the replace or rebuild method is very spendy. Visit a REPUTABLE car audio installer and he can even tell you if the unit works. They can also give you some aftermarket options that will cost LESS than the factory fix for the unit.If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I have done many radio jobs specifically on cadys.

nicks84
08-24-2007, 01:12 AM
If you have any questions feel free to contact me, I have done many radio jobs specifically on cadys.

Thats good to know, can I have your contact info. I have a 94 Deville, and aftermarket everything, but they did a poop of a job on my Front Stage. I woudl like to know a few of my options, and who better than some one that is familiar ? PM me if you prefer. :smokin:

Add your comment to this topic!