IAT Sensor

67malibu
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
99 malibu reading a P0113 code - IAT Sensor input voltage high. So, I replaced the sensor and cleared the code. 10 minutes of driving and the MIL pops back on. Same code back again in computer. I checked what the intake air temperature sensor was actually reading and it reads -39 degrees. The old sensor reads the same. I checked the harness and messed with things with the engine running and the reader hooked up, no change in the -39 degree reading. Any ideas?

slls
08-13-2007, 12:53 PM
99 malibu reading a P0113 code - IAT Sensor input voltage high. So, I replaced the sensor and cleared the code. 10 minutes of driving and the MIL pops back on. Same code back again in computer. I checked what the intake air temperature sensor was actually reading and it reads -39 degrees. The old sensor reads the same. I checked the harness and messed with things with the engine running and the reader hooked up, no change in the -39 degree reading. Any ideas?

Looks like broken wire, need to do a continuity check, wiring schematic almost a must.

johnschmitt
08-13-2007, 09:50 PM
You should get 5 volts across the two terminals with the key on and the engine off. Wiggle it around a good bit while you have the probes on it and see if it lasts. GM sells a repair pigtail you can splice right in there. The wires usually break fairly close to the sensor with the engine moving and such, so the pigtail should be plenty long enough to get good wire.

sellncars
06-08-2008, 09:57 PM

I had the same problem recently. GM makes a new pigtail, go to the junkyard and cut off a few, cut off yours and try the JY pigtails, this will cure your problem.

Add your comment to this topic!