Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Down to 2 cars

killer84
08-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a new car in the next couple days or so.

It's down to the 2007 Honda Civic and the 2007 Nissan Versa. Both sedans.

Performance isn't that important to me, it's going to be a car that we're going to drive for 10 years, and in that time we will be having at least 2 children, so it needs to be a good family car.

The Versa would come as loaded as I want it. ABS, a/t/c, pwr windows locks, keyless entry, etc. With taxes, in canada it would come to ~$22170.

The civic has 2 options. The lower one is the the DX-G, no cruise and no alloy wheels. It would come to ~$24148.
and The LX, which has the cruise, and alloy wheels, and is $25757.

What's making it lean a little bit more in favor of the civic, is Honda has better financing rates. with Nissan it would be 6% for 6 years, the honda would be 3.9% for 6 years. The civic would be $41 a month more.

I've driven a 2001 Honda Civic for about 3 years, and like it alot. Never driven a Nissan before, and don't know much about their cars. The only other thing that I don't like about the Civic though, is that goofy dash. I guess you get used to it after a while, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Maybe I should take it for another test drive and see what it's like again.....

What do you guys think? Is the civic a much better car? Worth the extra 4 grand for the same features?

Thanks for the help.

Andydg
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I'd go with the Honda...I've been very happy with the '04 my Dad bought...it's very reliable and gets great mileage. I believe the Hondas have a better overall reliability rating than the Nissans. In my mind the Honda is worth the extra money...

Add your comment to this topic!