Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine dies everytime I stop. Help please !!!!

Jason26
08-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Hello,
I have a 95 aurora V8 4.0 with 114000, these last few days the engine just dies out in every stop light or each time I push the brakes to turn or something, there is no warning whatsoever, the engine just stops and the battery check light comes on. the display shows between 13.8 and 14.3 Also the temperature goes up the the notch right after 200, I don`t know what that one is my guess is either 220 or 230.
Could the dying out problem be the battery since the battery light comes on ?? . and is 220 normal temperature ?? .

Thanks a lot

jagchick
08-12-2007, 02:24 AM
I had the same dying problem on my 98 around the same mileage. It would only take a few seconds waiting at a light, and it would just kill with no rough idling or anything to warn me. I fixed all the expensive stuff and then my mechanic discovered it was the crankshaft and camshaft sensors (an easy, relatively cheap fix- also thanks for Autoforums.com for the tip-off). A lot of Aurora owners have had this problem and I will bet you that its those pesky little sensors. Replace all of them at the same time (I think there's 3 total). I think your battery light just comes on because your ignition is still on and it's telling you that a little juice is being used. If it's only dying at stops, check out those sensors first (the magnets wear out I guess). Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!