Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help getting something from a dealer

daytonagord
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I am out of country and am trying to get factory service manuals for 1990 skyline and 1990 silvia and would need someone to get it and ship it to me. I would be willing to pay $50 above the costs for your troubles

gordon.harvey@gmail.com

mmcleo11
08-12-2007, 09:09 AM
We never had the Silvia or Skyline brand new, they were Japanese market only. Our dealers do not stock either manual and you will find they are worth a few hundred dollars for each manual. What do you need them for as I 'might' have the info your looking for.

daytonagord
08-12-2007, 01:58 PM
for a rb20 powered r32 I need engine wirring diagrams to build a harness to work in a 240sx(s13)

the silvia manual I just wanted a complete factory service manual a friend has one and isn't running right, no power hesitates, no boost (sr20)

but are the manuals available in english at all? or just translated ones

2001jettavr6
08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
go to www.alldata.com (http://www.alldata.com) or www.eautorepair.net (http://www.eautorepair.net) those are two online manuals i have the e auto repair cost me 10.99 for a year with great detail and trouble shooting for one car. additional cars cost a bit more

mmcleo11
08-13-2007, 01:46 AM
for a rb20 powered r32 I need engine wirring diagrams to build a harness to work in a 240sx(s13)

the silvia manual I just wanted a complete factory service manual a friend has one and isn't running right, no power hesitates, no boost (sr20)

but are the manuals available in english at all? or just translated ones

The Silvia will most likely be that the Throttle Position Sensor has failed or is not positioned correctly. However, it could also be a boost or vacuum leak

daytonagord
08-13-2007, 02:45 AM
The Silvia will most likely be that the Throttle Position Sensor has failed or is not positioned correctly. However, it could also be a boost or vacuum leak

actually we found 2 small boost leaks and an air leak between the MAF and turbo. it helped alot, but not quite perfect. going to pull the plugs and see what kind of shape there are in when we get a chance. check the fuel preasure and the basics. do you know what the TPS voltage should be at closed throttle? just so I can check that too for her

mmcleo11
08-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Should be 0.4V~0.5V at closed throttle and 4~4.5V at wide open throttle.

When checking fuel pressure, also check it with the car turned off and see how long it takes for fuel pressure to bleed down.

daytonagord
08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Should be 0.4V~0.5V at closed throttle and 4~4.5V at wide open throttle.

When checking fuel pressure, also check it with the car turned off and see how long it takes for fuel pressure to bleed down.

I am guessing fuel preasure should be in the 35-45psi range on a stock sr?

Add your comment to this topic!