Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stoopid Fuel Filter QD!?!?

Cold_Silence
08-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey guys, i was under the car for 20 minutes figuring out how the hell you get the green clip off the quick disconnect side of the fuel filter?? I already squeezed the clip and it lifts up or whatever but it still has a tight grip on the filter body. I played with it for awhile then decided to screw it because i didnt want to break it! I did my 1996 fine, but its either 98+ cuz of revised engine, or its the 2000+s, they changed the location and the QD. Anyone know the easiest way to get it off? By flipping the green lock up does that mean its unlocked or do you need to pull it off completely somehow? I cant slide the QD over the lip on the fuel filter body.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jmrec100
08-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I sympathize. I went thru the same thing. What is with these screwball designs. Mine is located at the rear and tucked under "things". I ended up getting an oil change and told them to change it out for me. Cost me $10 for what I know was a simple job. I need the car running asap to get to work. Its a goofy clamp on one side. I'll look at the old one and see if I can help. Its a simple trick to it but the Haynes and Chilton's didn't explain it. I'd be interested to if anyone can explain it.

Mangoamerican
08-11-2007, 06:56 PM
when you pop that green tab out take both sides of the clamp and push it back thru the other side... then the filter should pull right out

Add your comment to this topic!