Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Programming a remote - 2000 Venture

'97ventureowner
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I am reposting this for member ssibiga4 since they asked this question in an old thread that I closed. FYI I have stickied the old thread on top of the main Venture forum page for future reference as it contains some valuable information to many members out there, thus making it easier to locate in the future. Here is the question:
I'm having trouble w/programming keyless remote for 2000 chevy venture lt model. I have tried the steps that are posted w/out success. Any other ideas out there to help resolve my problem.thanks SS

Onblsht
08-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Important! Once the BCM enters program mode, all transmitters must be programmed at the same time. Any transmitters not learned at this time will be erased.

1) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder

2) Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse panel

3) Close all the doors

4) Close the liftgate

5) Turn the ign lock cylinder to the ACC. position

6) Turn the ignition lock cylinder to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second

7) Open and close any door
Achim will be heard when the system enters the BCM programming mode

IMPORTANT!
After 7 seconds a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessar to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.

8) Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds

9) Repeat the previous step on each additional transmitter to be programmed.

10) Remove the ignition key from the ignition cylinder

11) Install the BCM PRGRM fuse back into the fuse panel.

lgonzo1
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Important! Once the BCM enters program mode, all transmitters must be programmed at the same time. Any transmitters not learned at this time will be erased.

3) Close all the doors

4) Close the liftgate

IMPORTANT!
After 7 seconds a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessar to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.

8) Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds

will this procedure work for a 2005?

Onblsht
09-13-2007, 06:01 PM
2001+ Venture Remote Programming

(The fuse panel is located to the right of the dash panel, just inside the passenger door. The owner's manual had a table listing the position of the BCM PRGRM fuse...as I recall there was at least one other fuse with "BCM" in its name, make sure you locate the correct fuse.)

3) Close all the doors

4) Close the liftgate/trunk

IMPORTANT!

(I heard the first chime at 7 seconds, but didn't hear any subsequent chimes. Remote still worked, though.)

jacks33177
11-29-2007, 02:00 PM
So does that mean I should be starting with all the doors and liftgate open? Does it matter if I close the liftgate last (difficut from the inside of the van :)

troy325
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
do you have to have all the doors open first? because i only have the passenger door where the fuse is at.

Add your comment to this topic!