Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

some JDM questions for ya

relientokay
11-13-2002, 09:16 PM
want to get quite a few JDM things for my car. And i have quite a few questions so bare with me. First I want to get some side markers but i heard that you have to graft them into your fender or buy a fender with them already in them, Does anyone know if i can do that myself or what kind of persons would be able to do it. And i want to get some JDM fold in mirrors when you turn the key off. I was wondering if that would be hard to install or not or who could. And i want to have my wing be able to go up (like on beetles and Corrado's) when i hit a certain speed (just a fun little thing) , and i would like to be able tomove it up and down with a button. Does anyone know if i could do this or not or any idea how to do it?

thanks so much

Ben:alien:

mylittedaisy
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Drill a hole, do you know how to use a screwdriver, just buy a vw or a 3000GT with the wing, plus they will go much faster!:flipa:

Frostbyte
11-14-2002, 12:28 AM
Dude get the hell out of the JDM forum with that Rice shit.

jcrx
11-14-2002, 02:07 AM
Come on frostbyte do you really think that in Japan there are no wings or sidemarkers if thats what he/she likes then thats what he/she likes.JDM does imply aftermarket also think about all those sweet 800 dollar mugen valve covers that serve no purpose other than to say you spent a ludicris amount of money to advertise a product.FUNCTION BEFORE FASHION I am NOT dissing mugen cuz I got some stuff but I am saying it is insane to spend all that money for a product that doesn't make you go faster though I will admit the look damn sharp!

teg2nd
11-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Altezza lights is a good modification too. Some people got up to 50% power increase. :hehe:There is also a thing called BLOWOFF VALVE SIMILATOR. It makes whoosh sound when you let go of the throttle just like a real turbo :hehehe:The best part is when you meet people who modify cars to go faster, you'll get mad respect and a cool nickname"RICER"
:hehehe: :spit: :cwn27:
If you wont a good advice:don't waste money on useless stuff.

Ace$nyper
03-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Just 50% with altezza man where you find that i started runinng 9s son after i got them. About the wing i heard someone say they did that using the struts from there power locked trunk about the speed i think you'd have to wire in to your spedo somehow to get it to lift. the sidemarkers shouldn't be too bad if you know some simple body work. I think the mirrors do that anyway.

Add your comment to this topic!