Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help removing something

sebaz
08-10-2007, 06:00 PM
That plastic part that is at the bottom of the door frames in the interior, so I can pull up the carpet a little bit and pass cables from the stereo to the amplifier (which I will install below the passenger seat) and from that amp to the subwoofer in the trunk. Does anybody know how to remove that plastic frame? The part that goes in the back seat area seems easy to lift, but not so much the front.

Thanks

maxwedge
08-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Do you mean the sill plates. if so pry them up they have clips that secure them to the rocker panel.

sebaz
08-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Do you mean the sill plates. if so pry them up they have clips that secure them to the rocker panel.

The front part of it seems to have something stronger than a clip because I tried to pry it out and it seemed really attached to something and I thought I was going to break it if I kept pulling.

Blue Bowtie
08-10-2007, 11:28 PM
What year? Some versions have the thresholds screwed in place.

sebaz
08-11-2007, 05:25 AM
What year? Some versions have the thresholds screwed in place.

GringoPete
08-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Sebaz, You dont need to remove the entire piece. It will be easier if you actually just pry the edge starting from the front and tucking the wires inside as you work your way towards the back. I have a panel puller (mini pry bar) that i used to use for this operation.

It looks like this: http://images.smarter.com/product_image_s/32/33/867433.jpg

Good Luck,
Pete

Add your comment to this topic!