Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

why do you say gas powered isnt good for your 1st car

ummmmm0k
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
ive seen multiple people say dont get gas as your first car but why not. its my first car, and jsut casue i knew nothing about how to fix them i still did, i broke an axle, the sterring, and some other things, but i was able to fix it and it ran =)

starting with gas is a learning experience because to learn you have to experience, and if you dont experience then you wont learn

naruto
08-09-2007, 06:42 PM
probably because they don't want them wasting hundreds of dollars just to crash it into something. I've never driven a proper electric R/C car but nirto can be a hand full a times(for me).

Plus maybe the cost of maintenance eg: gaskets, clutches, spur gears, not to mention the cleaning! But then again its a hobby

pre98zetec
08-09-2007, 11:36 PM
anyone who says nitro is complicated and not for new people are people who can't tune.. I started off with nitro and I;ve been into it for about a year now. Never blown a motor (on purpose) and my motors have 6+ gallons thru them

Nitro is easy if you take the TIME to LEARN to tune them. Don't expect it to happen overnight either.

xpeed
08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Mostly to save money and time. Gas powered cars are considered to be at skill level 3. Same as nitro cars I think, but I think Nitro cars are faster.

Electric is a good way to get the feel of things, then upgrade to the gas. Same as getting a R/C Helicopter. Start with a electric motor and then upgrade to the gas.

autotech234
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I have had many rc cars and crashing is just part of the game. it does not matter if it is nitro or eltri.

So I say go with what ever is the coolest and your wife will let you buy.

Feint Motion
10-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Electric>Nitro
The first mistake you are making is wanting a gas. I tell this to all the people that are planning on getting into RC and want a nitro, then they come back later thanking me.

Go electric if this is your first real RC. Electrics can be/are just as good as nitro's. They are also less complicated, and less expensive. When one thing breaks with a nitro, sometimes you have to rip apart the enitre RC to fix the problem. A lot of people do not know how the basics of RCs work so they cant identify the problem resulting in major problems, then they just become $400-$600 dust collectors

Add your comment to this topic!