Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Reset Passive Keyless Entry for a 94 Vette

JagGator94
08-09-2007, 07:53 AM
When I bought my 94 Vette, I did not get a FOB but I know the standard features for this car included a Keyless Entry so I bought one from Original Keyless and now I am trying to program it and it will not work. Yes, I followed the instructions as listed for programming. In looking in my owner’s manual I noticed you can only have 3 programmed FOB’s. I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the PKE so I could program my new FOB for my car. I am thinking the car already had 3 programmed and that is why it will not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rimmer
08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Having 3 fobs programmed shud have no effect on a change of program.

All you can do is follow the instructions for programming.

I have the factory PKE programming instructions. I can send a scan to you if you like.

If it won't program it could possibly be a faulty PKE module, etc.

I would search the interior of the car for a fob that may have been forgotten.

This has happened on a couple of occassions I know of. The owners manual will outline storage areas, etc.

If you would like the scan my e-mail is lsylvestri@sbcglobal.net.

JagGator94
08-13-2007, 08:23 AM
:screwy: I just about tried everything. The PKE will not program to the new transmitter (FOB). The PKE light will come on if the FOB is close to the car or doors and will flash if I move it around the door but I can not seem to program it. Sometimes the light will come on when I start the car when the FOB isn't any where around the car. I am thinking it is a faulty Module. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rimmer
08-13-2007, 08:35 AM
:screwy: I just about tried everything. The PKE will not program to the new transmitter (FOB). The PKE light will come on if the FOB is close to the car or doors and will flash if I move it around the door but I can not seem to program it. Sometimes the light will come on when I start the car when the FOB isn't any where around the car. I am thinking it is a faulty Module. Anyone have any suggestions?

Were you able to pull any codes using the info I sent?

JagGator94
08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Were you able to pull any codes using the info I sent?
No because I needed more info as to how to access the diagnostics. I need the diagram to the DLC. If you could send that to me too, that would be great..
Thanks for your help!!!

Rimmer
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
No because I needed more info as to how to access the diagnostics. I need the diagram to the DLC. If you could send that to me too, that would be great..
Thanks for your help!!!

Go to this site.

http://www.corvettephotographs.com/c4vettes/index.htm

It explains how to pull DLC'S. Has diagrams, etc.

Keep us advised

Add your comment to this topic!